Protect360 Insurance for Individuals and Families
Let’s Change Your Perspective On Insurance.
Typically, insurance is dry, time consuming and unnecessarily confusing. InsureGood breaks this tradition with simplified, cost-effective home and auto insurance that works for the modern age and contributes to the common good.
Let’s Change Your Perspective On Insurance.
Typically, insurance is dry, time-consuming, and unnecessarily confusing. InsureGood breaks this tradition with simplified, cost-effective home and auto insurance that works for the modern age and contributes to the common good.
More Than Just A Necessary Evil
We view insurance as a tool to support your lifestyle and your long-term goals. Our Protect360 program is designed to provide you with the right coverages and dedicated support – now and as your life evolves, minus the hassle.
THE PROTECT360 PROGRAM
Your risks are as unique as your lifestyle. To get to know you, we start with a quick and painless, online personal risk questionnaire called Personal360. Your Protect360 answers help us match you with a tailored program and specialized advisor to meet your needs.
Our custom Service360 Program, provides the modern service and tools that you expect but rarely receive when dealing with insurance. Texting, a self-service portal, an app, after hours, holiday service and more. Everything’s managed by a dedicated Advisor who knows you personally.
Each year, your dedicated Advisor will review your entire insurance program and share your Review360 report with you. We’ll make sure your coverage is adjusted to reflect your evolving life and look for opportunities to lower premiums and increase coverages.
Let’s Upgrade Your Insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s no single insurance company that is best for everyone. The company that best meets your needs may differ from your co-worker or your relative.
When determining which company is best for your Connecticut home and auto insurance, consider the following:
- The company’s financial stability. This is important because you want to make sure the company can cover the cost of your claims, should you have one.
- The quality of coverages available to you. Exact coverages differ between carriers and can vary by state. Some carriers may include extra coverages in their packages when they write the whole account. You must understand what’s included in each quote.
- Overall costs. Price will always play a factor in evaluating your home and auto insurance options. When comparing costs, look at the combined premiums for your auto, home, and other insurance you may need. While one carrier may offer a meager premium on auto, for example – the home premium could be very high, causing the combined premium to be higher than other choices.
- What others have to say about working with the company. Take a moment to read online reviews and ask your agent about their experiences dealing with the company. While no one is perfect, the company’s reviews and your agent’s experience should indicate that they’re relatively easy to interact with and aligned with what’s important to you.
InsureGood was built by small business owners for small business owners – so we have a unique perspective on the challenges you face and how we can support you as you grow and scale your business. Our insurance view is unique. We see insurance as a valuable business tool, not a necessary nuisance. We look to manage your business holistically; from an overall risk management lens. We will never sell you an insurance policy without first understanding your business and all the risks you face.
As an Independent insurance agency, we can provide you with choices on your coverage and costs. Still, unlike most traditional agencies, we’re built on modern technology and business platforms designed to meet the needs of the modern entrepreneur.
Lastly, we’re a mission-driven company built on the idea of giving other entrepreneurs in our local communities, particularly minorities – the same access to opportunities, education, and capital that we’ve been blessed to receive. 20% of our profits go to providing capital, education, and mentorship to other female entrepreneurs. When we grow, so does our investment in community development.
Placing all of your insurance through one carrier or “bundling,” as referred to, can be financially beneficial.
First, placing all of your policies with one carrier helps minimize the risk of gaps in coverage and claims issues should you suffer a loss. There is only one company evaluating the loss and determining coverage. Some companies even offer additional coverages for free when you place both your auto and your home with them as a bonus.
Bundling your policies together can also save you money. Because it’s advantageous for insurance companies to handle all of your insurance needs, they make it very attractive to do so by offering significant discount credits of 25% and more in some cases) when you place all of your policies with them.
It’s also easier for you to manage your insurance when it’s bundled with one carrier. That means you’re only paying one bill, only have one company you need to interact with, and one app or portal to log into.
Bundling may not always be an option (like when you have a unique risk such as a coastal property and classic car, for example), but when it’s available, it’s worth considering.
Here are some tips to help manage your home and auto insurance costs:
- Don’t skimp on coverage – a loss will likely cost more than you pay in premium.
- Bundle as many of your policies as possible with one carrier to take advantage of credits and avoid gaps in coverage.
- Qualify for additional homeowners discounts by adding safety features such as central station alarms, fire alarms, and storm shutters.
- Take advantage of carrier telematics to lower your auto insurance with safe driving habits.
- Increase your home and auto insurance deductibles; higher deductibles will equal less premiums.
- To qualify for loyalty credits, do not change insurance carriers every year
- Try not to file small claims if you don’t have to so that you can take advantage of loss-free credits.
- Don’t allow your insurance to lapse. This will cause your rates to increase when looking for new insurance.
- Work with an independent agent who can help you find the best coverages and rates.
Every client receives a dedicated InsureGood Advisor to act as the lead on their account. Your Advisor will perform your annual Business360 and Review360, coordinate any outside services you may need, answer your coverage questions, and more. Think of them as a business partner.
To supplement our in-house expertise, we also partner with our carriers to provide weekend, after-hours, and holiday service ensuring you always have what you need, when you need it.
We offer online proofs of insurance, credit card payments, cash-flow friendly payment plans, and more to help make insurance easier and more business-friendly.
InsureGood’s technology-enabled platform allows you to interact with us in whatever manner works for you from traditional communication such as phone or email to video chats, texting, or chatbots. You also receive access to our mobile app and the MyProtect360 portal to seamlessly manage all of your insurance from wherever you are.
It may seem like all insurance agents are the same, but in reality, independent insurance agencies can be different in various ways. As you evaluate your choices, you may want to consider the following:
- Expertise and experience. Some agents have more specialized expertise than others. Consider your unique situation; if you have unusual or complex needs, ask your agent about their experience handling cases such as yours.
- Value provided. Some agents may offer more than basic Connecticut home and auto insurance. Do they have access to a program that offers unique coverage or a tool to help you manage your insurance risks, such as a home inventory list? Do they provide valuable communications or an annual process to ensure you’re adequately covered? If value-added services are important to you, ask about them in advance.
- Ease and simplicity. Consider what type of service and communication options they provide. Do they offer after-hours service options, online accessibility, texting, and technology such as apps? Are these options vital to you? If so, make sure to confirm their availability before deciding.
- Local preference. What’s their operational structure? Some agencies have local offices where you can meet with your agent. Others are more national operations without physical or local representation, and others are a combination of both. If you prefer one over another, ask about the locale before committing.
- General alignment. You should like and trust your insurance agent and agency. Before deciding which agency to work with, take a moment to review their “About” page. Are they credible? Do you feel good about their mission and values? Read their client reviews. Do they seem to offer the types and levels of service that are important to you?
There are several advantages of working with an independent insurance agent over other options. Here’s a high-level overview:
- Independent insurance agencies offer choices. Because agents represent several insurance carriers, they can provide you with coverage and pricing options.
- They know you and put you first. Insurance agents are obligated by fiduciary law to put their client’s needs first. And because they get to know you and your lifestyle, they can make the proper recommendations as your needs evolve.
- They offer personalized service and one point of contact. Agents can obtain multiple quotes for you, offer advice on different coverages, act as your claim contact, save you time and simplify your life.
- You don’t have to pay more to work with an Agent. Independent Agents work for you for no additional costs. They generate revenue only when they sell a policy.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, the national average for homeowners insurance premium was $1,249, compared to $1,494 in Connecticut in 2018. And then, the national average for auto insurance premium was $1,056, compared to $1,216 in Connecticut in 2018.
Insurance companies (also called carriers) determine premiums based on the amount of insurance you need and the likelihood that something negative or a loss may happen (often referred to as risk or exposure).
Every insurance company puts different weight on these factors, which is why one carrier may offer a higher or lower premium than another to insure the same risk. This makes it almost impossible to say what each individual can expect to pay for Connecticut home and auto insurance without rating it in the carrier system.
We absolutely do! Although domiciled in Hartford, CT, we also have licenses and clients in the following states: Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
There are a number of insurance carrier rating agencies out there, and each one has its own criteria and rating system. This article provides an overview of these agencies and the way their respective rating systems work.
If another driver causes an accident and doesn't have enough auto insurance coverage to compensate you, your own auto or umbrella policies won't be enough to protect you. Read this article to learn more about how to protect yourself and your family from uninsured and underinsured motorists.